Opportunity for sound design artist
We are seeking expressions of interest from a suitably experienced sound design artist (or team) to create a soundtrack for our community generated film project Moments of Stillness under our Creative Lives Under Lockdown programme. The role will involve developing a concept, incorporating original sound from footage shot by community members on mobile devices, editing a soundtrack and syncing it to the compiled footage. The artist will deliver an audio soundtrack which will assist in connecting and unifying the footage into the completed film, edited into three different durations.
Click here to see the full call for expression of interest document.
Social Arts Practice & Me
In July and August, we ran two online facilitated interactive sessions led by artist & educator Rachel Dobbs. These sessions looked at topics such as:
- “What is socially engaged art practice, anyway?”
- “What is the landscape for socially engaged arts practice?”
- “What’s it like to work with a community as an artist?”
- “How can we improve our skills, opportunities for income & have more time to make art?”
During the session, Rachel and participants thought through some of the possibilities of working collaboratively in community contexts to make new, ambitious art projects.
The sessions were targeted at:
- Artists & creative practitioners who are thinking about working in & with community contexts for the first time
- Artists & creative practitioners who want to learn more about socially engaged art practice
- Artists & creative practitioners who already have experience of working in community contexts and would like to meet others & find out about new opportunities to work in this way with Seed Sedgemoor
Creative Lives Under Lockdown