Seed put out a call for expressions of interest from suitable community-based artists/artworkers with experience in social arts practice, to work with the community to co-create artworks that will be exhibited in public around Sedgemoor via outdoor advertising locations including posters, buses, banners and LED screens.
The opportunity sought artists (and community groups and organisations) who could work with community participants to create visual and text-based artworks in response to a theme of the big question – What if?
Seed sought expressions of interest from suitably experienced artists (or teams of artists) to develop, facilitate and deliver artistic outcomes on up to three parallel projects that will:
• Enable residents, students and/or workers in Sedgemoor to engage in facilitated visual and/or word-based creative activities;
• Build on the What if? prompt to engage participants to explore issues and ideas that affect them and their community through creative responses; and
• Co-create images, poems, animations etc that could be incorporated into designed layouts in the outdoor advertising spaces. The selected artists will collaborate with our design contractor Lumby/Futrille who will create the final layouts for display;
• Be displayed across Sedgemoor within existing advertising infrastructure or banners in a temporary exhibition.
In the final design stage, elements of different commissions may be combined – eg. visual elements created through one project may be incorporated with text elements of another project.
While the designer and artists will lead the final design process, community participants will also be engaged and consulted in the creation of the final works.
Each project will have its own gallery space on the Seed website where co-created artworks, participant submissions and documentation of the process can be displayed, including elements not included in the final layouts.
The advertising infrastructure sites we have identified in Bridgwater include:
• Outside Scott Cinema, Penel Orlieu TA6 3PH
• Public call box in Fore Street TA6 3NF
• NISA 133-135 Taunton Road (A38) TA6 6BD
• OneStop 68-70 West Street TA6 3RW
• Co-op Zoyland Road (A372) front + side of store TA6 5BJ
• Digital billboard on Bedrock Furniture store TA6 4PN
• Digital billboard on Mercure Hotel TA6 5AR
• Buses of Somerset rear panels – in and around Sedgemoor
We also plan to deploy banners at sites in Burnham-on-Sea, Highbridge, Cheddar, Axbridge and the Polden Villages and are looking at railway sites.
Fore more information email firstname.lastname@example.org and read the full expression of interest below.