Seed has been created by a consortium of five local organisations led by Homes in Sedgemoor. With Arts Council’s commitment in place for the first four years, our ten-year vision is to ensure that everyone living and working in Sedgemoor has a chance to experience more creative arts and culture. We know that within our communities there is a wealth of knowledge, skills and creativity, some of which remains hidden or undervalued. We want to tap into this rich resource and especially want to meet and work with people who might not otherwise have had the chance to explore their creative ideas and passions. As the programme grows, we want to encourage and enable more and different people to take a lead in commissioning creative activities for the future.
So far, we have programmed, led and commissioned:
- Creative Lives Under Lockdown, a series of five local artist led micro-commissions to connect creatively with the community during lockdown
- Two Social Arts practice and Me CPD sessions for local arts practitioners
- Two virtual Creative Accelerator Highbridge consultation sessions with members of the Highbridge community.
- GlowHome, a Christmas lantern project with Burnham-on-Sea and Highbridge Town Council
- Cheddar Window Wanderland, part of the national Window Wanderland project
- Art First, a collaborative project creating artwork for the Buses of Somerset
- Stepping Out, a two part project with digital and non-digital aspects, targeting loneliness and social isolation during the pandemic
- Front Garden Music Festival, a Sedgemoor wide music festival taking place in a variety of locations from pub gardens to farms and front rooms.
We have several events running during the Autumn. Follow the links for more information on each project and to find out how you can get involved:
- Blues in the Pews, a monthly open mic and jam night session taking place in St John’s Church, Highbridge
- Come Together, an afternoon of music, dancing and festival vibes in Apex Park on Sunday 26 September
- Journey Exchange, a chance to learn performance and circus skills with professional artists
- Highbridge Youth Arts, an opportunity for young people to take part in weekly sessions on drama, dance and movement
- Highbridge Youth Theatre, weekly sessions for young people on movement and theatre
We are currently recruiting Sowers and Growers from across Sedgemoor to help spread the word and engage the community in cultural activities.
If you would like to get involved or for more information, email email@example.com.
Don’t forget to sign up to our ebulletin for the latest information and opportunities.