Seed is calling for expressions of interest from suitable community-based artists/artworkers with experience in social arts practice, to work with the community to initiate and deliver participation based creative activities in the Highbridge area in 2021.
Through a multi-stage community consultation process with people living and working in Highbridge, we have identified a great appetite locally for arts and other creative activities but the main barrier to participation is access. As a result, we are commissioning activities to happen in Highbridge to directly address that issue of access.
Through our consultation process Seed has identified the following priorities for Highbridge:
- opportunities for people to come together as a community
- opportunities to actively participate in creative activities than to be a passive audience member at events
- engagement in creativity where people are, whether in their homes, local neighbourhoods or in the wild spaces and natural environment around the town
- family and youth-oriented activities, particularly in the performing arts
- local activities offered in the evening
- ideas and activities to ‘make Highbridge Instagram-able’
We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably experienced artists (or teams of artists) to develop, facilitate and deliver artistic activities that will:
- Specifically address one or more of the areas of need and/or interest identified in our consultation process, as listed above;
- Provide opportunities for people in Highbridge to participate actively in creative activities, skills development, and/or co-creation processes; and
- Have some kind of wider benefit or outcome for the community.
Seed will provide commissioning funds to enable projects to go ahead. Proponents should plan to secure and/or provide other support (either funding, or in-kind) rather than the commissioning funds be the sole source of income for the projects. Where ever possible, activities should be free or very low cost to participants.
Please find the full Expression of Interest document here for full details.
You can also find a copy of the full report from our Creative Accelerator Highbridge consultation event here.
How to apply:
Please send an Expression of Interest comprising:
- A short outline of your idea (no more than one page setting a statement of your concept for your proposed activity, including what your activity is (particularly the co-creation a community participation elements), who it is for and how your idea meets the selection criteria above.
- A current CV for the project lead artist, outlining relevant skills and experience of social arts &/or community-based arts practice, running of participatory workshops, collaborative art making and/or co-creation in a community setting; and
- An outline budget for your commission
These expressions of interest will be assessed by staff. Proposals not meeting the criteria strongly will be deemed unsuccessful and will not be invited to proceed.
Please send your expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘Highbridge Commissions – Expression of interest’.
For further information or to schedule an informal chat about this opportunity please contact: email@example.com