See all the GlowHome: Christmas Lantern submissions here
WELCOME TO GLOW HOME HIGHBRIDGE & BURNHAM-ON-SEA. GLOW HOME IS A LANTERN-MAKING PROJECT BROUGHT TO YOU BY SEED AND BURNHAM-ON-SEA & HIGHBRIDGE TOWN COUNCIL.
Covid-19 and government guidelines on social distancing has limited our capacity to get out and about in the same way to celebrate as a community. Christmas is the time of year we like to come together to celebrate, with the Christmas light switch on being a great way to kick-start the festive celebrations.
This year, the Burnham-on-Sea & Highbridge light switch on will be an online event, on Saturday 21 November 2020. Burnham-on-Sea & Highbridge Town Council invites you to celebrate in the comfort of your own homes. Check back here soon for the link!
More than that, however, everyone in the community is invited to participate in the event. With the Glow Home Lantern Activity Pack, we invite you to make and create a lantern to celebrate and share with the community. We would like to see you lighting up your streets, placing your lanterns in your windows or simply taking them on a walk with you. We want you to photograph, or ideally film your illuminated creations and share them with us by emailing them to email@example.com or our Glow Home: Christmas Lanterns Facebook page by Sunday 15 November. Submitted videos may be used as part of the online switch on event on Saturday 21 November.
5 x £20 vouchers at Create You are up for grabs!
They will be awarded to 5 randomly selected videos that feature in the online event.
To enter all you have to do is:
1. Collect your FREE Lantern activity pack from any one of the following places:
- Create You, Market Street, Highbridge
- Crafty Comforts, 57 High Street, Burnham-on-Sea
- Julians, 13 High Street, Burnham-on-Sea
- Material Needs, 79 High Street, Burnham-on-Sea
- The Toy Cupboard, 1 Pier Street, Burnham-on-Sea
- Whites Farm Shop, 25 High Street, Burnham-on-Sea
2. Make your lantern
3. Share a video of you with your creation on the Glow Home: Christmas Lanterns Facebook page by Sunday 15 October.